Lawrence S. Pertillar
You Know Michael's Here
Lawrence S. Pertillar.'
Why the formality?
'I know you want to lay down something syrupy,
Before you talk Me into delivering some outlandish request.'
I am shocked and surprised.
I just came to see how You were.
My devotion transcends your assumptions!
'I am about to puke!
What is it that you want from Me?
And be quick!
You have no idea how busy I've been.'
I can imagine.
Wouldn't it be great,
If You established a love committee?
And You assigned Your Angels,
To provoke and monitor its growth.
And gave people the power to just think of love!
With the desire to just want love alone.
Knowing that love heals, cures and mends.
Love fulfills all needs for women and men.
Protects and respects.
Love ends all sorrows.
Hunger and homelessness.
Love feeds and breeds happiness...
All over this creation You made and we call Earth.
Love instilled and carried...
From one's birth and throughout their lives!
Ends conflicts, deceit and lies.
If love was used as everyone's alibi,
For trying to communicate with one another!
'Are you on crack? '
Please don't tease me.
I'm not hardly in the mood.
You know me better than that.
'You, My Son...
Are onto something.
I am going to do that immediately.
All inhabitants on Earth.
Are going to ensure this gets done.
You know Michael's here?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Know Michael's Here by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
- The Wilderness We Abandon, Robert Rorabeck
- Best Lesson, sallam yassin
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
- Nightmares and Daydreams, Shane V. Hill
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Right Question, David Barz
- Confusing, george albot
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)