You or Me?
Funny, isn’t it?
You are the broken one…….
Why am I the one in needs to be saved?
Now we run around after our tails
Caught up in this web of confusion.
This dark force is driving out the light
Too strong, too overwhelming……
We are not going back but I don’t see us moving forward
Stagnant like a mosquito infested paddle
Our noses wrinkled by the stench of our own feuds,
Glaring angry stares exchanged willy nilly.
Funny, isn’t it?
I love you, you hate me,
I am your girlfriend but you are not my boyfriend.
But when you never see the light it’s hard…..
Hard to know which one of us is fading.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You or Me? by sharon simani )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma
- Chassis, Alice Cordy
- My Time On The Mountain, Orlando Belo
- A Degree of Intensity, Daniel Brick