You're the Best Part of Me
Make me feel the way you used to
When you loved me so.
Take me back to all those times
You’d never let me go.
Those are the memories I live for now.
‘Cant get them out of my mind.
The more I try to forget them
The more they’re there I find.
*** Because you are a part of me,
the part that no one else could be.
For they can’t make me feel like this.
And they would always make me miss
Every little thing you’ve done to me.
‘Cause baby, you’re the best part of me.
Let me hear your voice so low
Whispering in my ear.
Tell me that your love’s still mine,
Words I still can hear.
I remember every word you said.
I remember each sweet sound.
They never seem to leave me.
They’ve always stayed around.
Words and Music by
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You're the Best Part of Me by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death, Rainer Maria Rilke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
Poem of the Day
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki