No more of your lies,
no more of my tears,
it all ends here.
You said; 'It's done, '
and so it shall be,
but why do you still
ask about me?
'I never want to lose you, '
so then, why leave?
I mean so much to you,
was it a lie?
Was it all a lie?
Was your one true intention
to hurt me?
You said; you wanted us
to stay friends
until the very end,
but where are you now?
you'd never give up,
ha- that ship has sailed.
You said so many things,
you promised me the moon,
did I open my heart so soon?
You told me
what I wanted to hear,
and I was the fool-
who hung on every word.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (You Said by Katherine Bryce )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Valley of darkness, jafta maduna
- Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Casablanca, Naveed Khalid
- Under Their Feet, Elias Uddin
- Inspiration, Naveed Khalid
- Fumbling for Words, Sumita Jetley
- Five Liner. Drab Existence, Valsa George
- Spiritual Musings, Margaret Alice Second
- Moonboot Came Off, Margaret Alice Second
- Five Liner. Remorse, Valsa George