You talked to me
You talked to me about the sea...
I thought I was your waves!
You talked to me about the galaxy
I thought I was your universe!
You talked to me about the echo...
I thought I was your voice!
You talked to me about the rose
I thought I was your perfume!
And you talked to me about the distance
I thought I was your longings!
As you continued talking..
my heart couldn't help but overflow
So I poured it freely into your glass
Your sweet words were not meant for me
I watched you casually pour out the glass
Fatima Nusairat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You talked to me by Fatima Nusairat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode To The Iroko Dryad, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- What one should not do jn the learned as.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland