You Would Be Naked
You would be naked on the wet and pink heather,
like those women one reads of in school,
with goats grazing round your inviting figure.
You would sleep without dreaming of anything,
with your soft legs stretched out, warm and sweet,
shining in the rain and icy green of the moss.
Your body is like air and water-pure.
A cricket serenades you from the old wall
of an abandoned house which would have,
as its feet, pink mushrooms of the forest.
The Larks which have the color of money
would whistle and steal quickly away. And while sleeping,
you would put a hand in your hair filled
with delicious bits of straw and twigs.
Francis Jammes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Would Be Naked by Francis Jammes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Gathering Rosebuds, Doyen Lingua
- My Stallion, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp
- swallow, mina lotfi
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi