In the alley your eyes look out of a dumpster at me.
Your eyes look deep into my soul
and they ask more of me
than I can give.
Your eyes asks for love,
overflow with tears of sorrow,
hunger and despair
without a single sound.
Those eyes still had to see
the beauty of life
but now they only see the dark side,
the filth and the back alleys.
You eyes scavenge for food
and they are back into your face,
are skeleton eyes,
hollow eyes like from a ghost of the past.
Your eyes beg at me
for forgiveness for the mistakes
of the whole world.
You eyes make me feel
as if I am full of iniquity
where my soul lays bare in front of them.
They burrow into me
when your are begging
and asking for some compassion.
I want to turn my eyes away
and walk away and forget
that I have seen you,
with your pale street face,
your tattered washed-out clothes,
your sunburnt skin
but you make an impression on my soul
when you look at me
with those dark pools.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- Wine and Heart, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Sun Doth Shine, Tango Tango
- Alive, Leong Ming Loong
- Poems proclaim, Mark Heathcote
- My Battle Ground, Emily Krauss
- Whatcha Doing, Emily Krauss
- More And More Sheila And Clifford ..... .., Bri Edwards
- Ends, douglas scotney
- To Wait On A Woman, Randy McClave
- He says his heart is a broken wishbone, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 March 1941 -)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)