In the alley your eyes look out of a dumpster at me.
Your eyes look deep into my soul
and they ask more of me
than I can give.
Your eyes asks for love,
overflow with tears of sorrow,
hunger and despair
without a single sound.
Those eyes still had to see
the beauty of life
but now they only see the dark side,
the filth and the back alleys.
You eyes scavenge for food
and they are back into your face,
are skeleton eyes,
hollow eyes like from a ghost of the past.
Your eyes beg at me
for forgiveness for the mistakes
of the whole world.
You eyes make me feel
as if I am full of iniquity
where my soul lays bare in front of them.
They burrow into me
when your are begging
and asking for some compassion.
I want to turn my eyes away
and walk away and forget
that I have seen you,
with your pale street face,
your tattered washed-out clothes,
your sunburnt skin
but you make an impression on my soul
when you look at me
with those dark pools.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Your Eyes by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock
- A PRETTY MARRIAGE OF OUR TIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland I.., Ryan Scales
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland, Ryan Scales
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales
- Poet Bound Sentenced Ancient Mariner Tides, Terence G. Craddock
- THE FACE OF THE BLOODY MASSACRES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cat Faces, Ryan Scales
- Far, Brandt Nightingale