Pastoral Poems - Poems For Pastoral
Poems about pastoral. You can read the best pastoral poems. Browse through all pastoral poems.
A Pastoral Sung To The King - Poem by Robert Herrick
MONTANO, SILVIO, AND MIRTILLO, SHEPHERDS
MON. Bad are the times. SIL. And worse than they are we.
MON. Troth, bad are both; worse fruit, and ill the tree:
The feast of shepherds fail. SIL. None crowns the cup
Of wassail now, or sets the quintel up:
And he, who used to lead the country-round,
Youthful Mirtillo, here he comes, grief-drown'd.
AMBO. Let's cheer him up. SIL. Behold him weeping-ripe.
MIRT. Ah, Amarillis! farewell mirth and pipe;
Since thou art gone, no more I mean to play
To these smooth lawns, my mirthful roundelay.
Dear Amarillis! MON. Hark! SIL. Mark! MIRT. This
earth grew sweet
Where, Amarillis, thou didst set thy feet.
AMBO Poor pitied youth! MIRT. And here the breath
And sheep grew more sweet by that breath of thine.
This dock of wool, and this rich lock of hair,
This ball of cowslips, these she gave me here.
SIL. Words sweet as love itself. MON. Hark!--
MIRT. This way she came, and this way too she went;
How each thing smells divinely redolent!
Like to a field of beans, when newly blown,
Or like a meadow being lately mown.
MON. A sweet sad passion----
MIRT. In dewy mornings, when she came this way,
Sweet bents would bow, to give my Love the day;
And when at night she folded had her sheep,
Daisies would shut, and closing, sigh and weep.
Besides (Ai me!) since she went hence to dwell,
The Voice's Daughter ne'er spake syllable.
But she is gone. SIL. Mirtillo, tell us whither?
MIRT. Where she and I shall never meet together.
MON. Fore-fend it, Pan! and Pales, do thou please
To give an end... MIRT. To what? SIL. Such griefs
MIRT. Never, O never! Still I may endure
The wound I suffer, never find a cure.
MON. Love, for thy sake, will bring her to these hills
And dales again. MIRT. No, I will languish still;
And all the while my part shall be to weep;
And with my sighs call home my bleating sheep;
And in the rind of every comely tree
I'll carve thy name, and in that name kiss thee.
MON. Set with the sun, thy woes! SIL. The day
And time it is our full-fed flocks to fold.
CHOR. The shades grow great; but greater grows
But let's go steep
Our eyes in sleep;
And meet to weep
Comments about A Pastoral Sung To The King by Robert Herrick
Poems About Pastoral
- 1. A Pastoral Sung To The King , Robert Herrick
- 2. Michael: A Pastoral Poem , William Wordsworth
- 3. Pet-Lamb, The: A Pastoral Poem , William Wordsworth
- 4. Oak And The Broom, The: A Pastoral Poem , William Wordsworth
- 5. Pastoral , Kenneth Patchen
- 6. Spring Pastoral , Elinor Morton Wylie
- 7. Pastoral , William Carlos Williams
- 8. A Pastoral Ballad I: Absence , William Shenstone
- 9. A Pastoral Ballad Ii: Hope , William Shenstone
- 10. A Pastoral Ballad Iii: Solicitude , William Shenstone
- 11. A Pastoral Ballad Iv: Disappointment , William Shenstone
- 12. Pastoral Stanzas , Mary Darby Robinson
- 13. A Pastoral , George Essex Evans
- 14. Pastoral , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 15. A Pastoral Dialogue Between Two Shepherd.. , Anne Kingsmill Finch
- 16. A Pastoral Ballad , William Shenstone
- 17. Canston Pastoral I , Michael Witkowski
- 18. Pastoral Epistemology , Bill Grace
- 19. Pastoral Sense , A. L. Breitling
- 20. Pastoral Chant , nimal dunuhinga
- 21. Pastoral , Robert Rorabeck
- 22. Pastoral Care By Internet , Bill Grace
- 23. Pastoral , Lola Haskins
- 24. Tanka: Pastoral Rhapsody , Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- 25. Pastoral Symphonies , Joyce Hemsley
- 26. Glenroy Station Pastoral , vince gullaci
- 27. Spring - The First Pastoral ; Or Damon , Alexander Pope
- 28. Winter - The Fourth Pastoral, Or Daphne , Alexander Pope
- 29. A Summer Pastoral , Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 30. The Pastoral Letter , John Greenleaf Whittier
- 31. Pastoral , William Ernest Henley
- 32. A Pastoral Dialogue , Jonathan Swift
- 33. On The Death Of Amyntas. A Pastoral Elegy , John Dryden
- 34. For A Venetian Pastoral By Giorgione (In.. , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 35. To The Author Of The Foregoing Pastoral .. , Matthew Prior
- 36. A Pastoral Ode. To The Hon. Sir Richard .. , William Shenstone
- 37. Harpalus. An Ancient English Pastoral , Henry Howard
- 38. A Pastoral , Ellis Parker Butler
- 39. A Pastoral Between Thirsis And Corydon, .. , James Thomson
- 40. A Pastoral Betwixt David, Thirsis, And T.. , James Thomson
- 41. A Pastoral Entertainment , James Thomson
- 42. A Pastoral , Nicholas Breton
- 43. A Pastoral Of Phyllis And Corydon , Nicholas Breton
- 44. A Pastoral. , Nicholas Breton
- 45. A Sweet Pastoral , Nicholas Breton
- 46. Aglaia: A Pastoral , Nicholas Breton
- 47. Pastoral , Allen Tate
- 48. A Pastoral Dialogue - I , Anne Killigrew
- 49. A Pastoral Dialogue - Ii , Anne Killigrew
- 50. A Pastoral Dialogue , Anne Killigrew
New Pastoral Poems
- If You Keep Reading, When Will You Love .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On Collected Poems Of William Wordsworth, Cotter Lee
- Montana Pastoral, James Vincent Cunningham
- Like The Moonlight You Emerge, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Descriptive Sketches Taken During A Pede.., William Wordsworth
- The Scholar, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Catapult, Naveed Khalid
- When She Gave A Violet Bloom To Me, My P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Here We Are, D.A. Woods
- My Backyard, Janie Wassler
- carpe diem