Richard McClellan Poems
- Freedom Freedom, defined by force, to die for the cause, ...
- A Lonely Heart Via J. Partee I am sitting all alone-tonight, ...
- I Remember I remember when it used to be easy, I remember ...
- In Love With A Stranger How do I commence speaking, of ...
- Bread Bread, Bread, a staff of life, taking your flour, ...
- River Of Life What if your life was a leaf on a tree, and ...
- The Ride As I bundle up, the keys in my hand, I straddle ...
I was born in the USA and served in the U.S. Army. I have traveled the world including Japan, Korea, Portugal, Italy, Canada as well as most of the lower 48 United States and Alaska. My favorite place is the Azores Islands in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.
My hobbies include poetry, genealogy, crocheting, and knitting. My interests are motorsport, baseball, football (not soccer) , and basketball. I used to pass time playing billiards,8-ball and 9-ball, but due to health had to give it up playing competitively. On education, I graduated from college with a Bachelor's Degree in Electronics.
In 2004, via my employer, I filed a patent called Container Inventory ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Richard McClellan
defined by force,
to die for the cause,
is what the soldier supports,
defined by society,
to a grander cause,
the soldier come upon,
defined by religion,
Jesus died in its name,
put on the cross was he,
one the cross,
the other on the battlefield!
did they die in vain?
defined by song,
Jesus n' the soldier did sing,
your soul, one died for, the latter let freedom ring!