defined by force,
to die for the cause,
is what the soldier supports,
defined by society,
to a grander cause,
the soldier come upon,
defined by religion,
Jesus died in its name,
put on the cross was he,
one the cross,
the other on the battlefield!
did they die in vain?
defined by song,
Jesus n' the soldier did sing,
your soul, one died for, the latter let freedom ring!
Richard McClellan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom by Richard McClellan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis