Eagle On Wings
Have you watched an eagle in flight?
On wings flayed, it looks a massive kite
It shoots into the heights with unlabored ease
Enjoying the kiss of passing breeze
Quickly disappearing into the seamless sky
It becomes invisible to every gazing eye
Is there any other bird so awesomely regal
As this avian king in grandeur proverbial?
Over crags and peaks it flies aloft
Displaying many an aerial feat
Soaring, circling, diving and dipping
It springs and sways on wings flapping
With unassailable might, it braves the wind
Pushing aside every obstacle behind
Gliding solitary over the sailing cloud
To which territory it sneaks away from the crowd?
Who can ignore this wonderful sight?
When an eagle elegantly takes off in flight
No other bird can soar to such height
And none can beat it in its might
With an unmatched range of wider vision
How it spots its prey with precision
So intent and focused on its decision
Nothing on Earth can give it any diversion
With sharp talons and a curved beak
And strength enough to subdue the meek
It swoops down over the ones that cower
And preys upon what it wants to devour
Oh bird of grace! You are never fettered
The entire sky you have verily conquered
You enjoy the upward thrust of a storm
And across its current coolly swim
Let us soar like an eagle on wings
And shoot into the sky in spiral rings
Propelling forward to still greater heights
As this dweller of the sky in never failing spirits!
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem Eagle On Wings is deliberately chosen for the occasion!
Eagle is a symbol of strength and freedom and is the national bird of the United States. We humans have a lot to emulate from this bird, its ability to shoot into great altitudes, its tenacity, its sharp vision, its focus of purpose, its indefatigable vitality, its care and concern in bringing up the young ones, its tactics in teaching the young ones to fly….. even, its caution in choosing its mate etc… etc.
I humbly invite all of you to read this poem and give your comments!
Comments about this poem (Eagle On Wings by Valsa George )
Did you read them?
- Toys?, John Masaitis
- To Stand Up For The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe