Eagle On Wings
Have you watched an eagle in flight?
On wings flayed, it looks a massive kite
It shoots into the heights with unlabored ease
Enjoying the kiss of passing breeze
Quickly disappearing into the seamless sky
It becomes invisible to every gazing eye
Is there any other bird so awesomely regal
As this avian king in grandeur proverbial?
Over crags and peaks it flies aloft
Displaying many an aerial feat
Soaring, circling, diving and dipping
It springs and sways on wings flapping
With unassailable might, it braves the wind
Pushing aside every obstacle behind
Gliding solitary over the sailing cloud
To which territory it sneaks away from the crowd?
Who can ignore this wonderful sight?
When an eagle elegantly takes off in flight
No other bird can soar to such height
And none can beat it in its might
With an unmatched range of wider vision
How it spots its prey with precision
So intent and focused on its decision
Nothing on Earth can give it any diversion
With sharp talons and a curved beak
And strength enough to subdue the meek
It swoops down over the ones that cower
And preys upon what it wants to devour
Oh bird of grace! You are never fettered
The entire sky you have verily conquered
You enjoy the upward thrust of a storm
And across its current coolly swim
Let us soar like an eagle on wings
And shoot into the sky in spiral rings
Propelling forward to still greater heights
As this dweller of the sky in never failing spirits!
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem Eagle On Wings is deliberately chosen for the occasion!
Eagle is a symbol of strength and freedom and is the national bird of the United States. We humans have a lot to emulate from this bird, its ability to shoot into great altitudes, its tenacity, its sharp vision, its focus of purpose, its indefatigable vitality, its care and concern in bringing up the young ones, its tactics in teaching the young ones to fly….. even, its caution in choosing its mate etc… etc.
I humbly invite all of you to read this poem and give your comments!
Comments about this poem (Eagle On Wings by Valsa George )
Did you read them?
- The crumbling spider web, Kenneth Maswabi
- Heaven With a Pinch Of Saltf, hugh everard
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ분당오피녀 ⓑ시화오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 분당오피 KTwiz 시화오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- Contemplations, Dr Amit Gokhale
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ부산오피녀 ⓑ시흥오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 부산오피 KTwiz 시흥오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동묘오피녀 ⓑ대전오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동묘오피 KTwiz 대전오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- Needing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Heartache /3, Sabrina Chambers
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)