Bernard Snyder Poems
- Hurricane Kaitlyn She came from the Midwest six years ago to...
- The Wind Beneath My Wings When my time here on earth ...
- 'Broken Pieces' Sometimes we sort through the shattered ...
- 'Why I Love You' I love you because you're the other ...
- 'Swimming With A Shark' She tried to warn me right from the...
- 'Sunken Ships' They're gone but never forgotten abandoned ...
- 'Behind The Smile' I've always known she was taken but ...
Writing poetry has always been one of my favorite hobbies. After reading poems early on by the likes of William Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe, and Langston Hughes, just to name a few, I became fascinated with the art. I wanted the world to read my material with hopes, they'd find mine entertaining as well. I'm not sure how far I can go with this, but as long as I continue to live, I will always have a reason to write. Hopefully, my love and passion for the art is exemplified in my writing! Please check out my first published book 'A Part Of Me' vol.1, which was published in April 2009 at Amazon.com. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'Get Your Mind Right'Life.
'You won't ever find a perfect person. There isn't such a thing. However, you will meet people that will treat you right, do all the right things, and might even b...
She came from the Midwest
six years ago to be exact,
she didn't pack heavy rains, gusty winds
or anything like that,
as a matter of fact
she was unusually laid back (for a hurricane)
she hung around
for a little more than a month
she discussed the things she likes
and the type of career she wants
I'd even looked at a few places
where I would treat her for lunch
but her time here was up
before the first meal was ever launched,
even though her stay was brief
the impact she had
left me 'soaked' and intrigued
I'd even wondered at times ...