Delilah Miller Poems
- Chicago Streets So good to be home and out of the heat. All...
- A Man's Love A poetess can be wasteful when it comes to ...
- Appetite He has an appetite sweet to satisfy. But he's so ...
- Ant Farm Life Won'T Make You H... Over the short years, ...
- Soaking In Algae, Burning With...
- An Unbalanced Heart It seems that when I was at my busiest ...
- A Sidewalk I am a sidewalk that cannot handle another ...
'The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity.'
I think writing is my way of keeping it simple, of being honest with myself. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
So good to be home
and out of the heat.
All those excess people reminded I'm alone
as I explored the busy Chicago streets.
So good to be mild
and not full of heat.
All those old buildings reminded I'm only a child
as I explored the ancient Chicago streets.
So good to be recognized
and not sweating in the heat.
All those dollars spent reminded me of the love I'm still denied.
as I explored the poor Chicago streets.
So good to be back from running away
and back from the heavy, humid heat.
All of the luggage and vacations reminded me ...