Ant Farm life won't make you happy
Over the short years,
we've fired comments at each other
that were like deadly darts
in the skin of some clever animal,
long-ago immune, only faking tears
slightly evolved animal
until my dying day.
At least, it was so
until he threw an untainted spear into my ribs!
'You're too honest.'
As if deception was his immunity!
As if lies should be at the dart's end!
So offensive was my naivete,
thinking the dishonestly truly a poison.
What years had really happened?
'Don't be so hard on yourself.'
he tells me as if I shook with fear,
like you'd tell weakling to fool it.
He'd drown Socrates,
just so we can live like we're in a giant ant farm!
Now he calls,
at least once a day,
but he doesn't realize
he is not calling not that faintly human creature,
but a woman dead to him
and his unexamined, worthless life...
Delilah Miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ant Farm life won't make you happy by Delilah Miller )
- Promises, Madrason writer
- A Daily Paradox; A Lost Masterpiece, Patrick van der Loos
- A Dewy Pearl, Elia Michael
- Creative Animals, vaibhav bhardwaj
- That Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Oziyon Le Dawn living in the sun, Oziyon LeDawn
- Mind Over Matter, Patrick van der Loos
- you're my hard liquor, but soft, Mandolyn ...
- Tears of Heart, Rohit Sapra
- The Value Has To Be, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns