Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan
A Woman's Scent
That night when my mother
took me to her breasts
I knew woman had a scent
quite different from man's...
Tonight you still remind me of
my mother's old fragrance
though you too have your different scent -
a scent entirely your own!
In summer an aroma of apple juice
envelopes your breasts. In monsoon
the wet fragrance of wild forest flowers
in your hair. And in the winter
your arms smacking of honeyed milk
and your lovely feet of jasmines. In spring
this strong odour of musk in your loins,
and in your navel that faint lavender!
In different seasons you smell differently
In different places you smell differently.
But when I smell you entirely at once,
your scent becomes
an undefinable something!
Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Woman's Scent by Dr Tapan Kumar Pradhan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Bloom Dream - Blütentraum, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- जोँ सोरजिगिरिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- poor perfect pirate, Mandolyn Davidson
- Awaiting for Battle, Maverick Jones
- ERIOBOTYRA شجرة الاكي دنيا - بشملة - الم.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Uphill Fight, Maverick Jones
- I am Palestine, RiRi S...
- coasting on lucid language, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबोनि देँखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- grenadier guards, lee fones