FOR YOU CANNOT TELL MY PROWL
On my reasoning, you trample;
so will I convince you ethically
that I’m a mast’r for the deals;
if you like you may call me a quack,
but am I a duck that quacks?
For you have fail’d,
fail’d woefully to know
that some learn at different rates than oth’rs.
Delay, delay you’ve caus’d me
while I ought to be on my feet alone;
was it like that in the start
when Heav’n and Earth were made?
They quickly came to be as soon as He summon’d.
But you’ve accus’d me of pride;
what pride is it again,
when I know I can make it
right in any season
to sow and reap for the harvest?
O, you proud devil!
Think not that I have you,
or you have me.
For I now stoop low to conquer you!
Eche Ononukwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FOR YOU CANNOT TELL MY PROWL by Eche Ononukwe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You Are My Life, Radha; You Are My Heart.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Another Poem About That Sean Guy, Katty Briones
- Sean, Katty Briones
- The Bath Tub is Optional, Deborah DeNicola
- Moments When I Think I Still Love You, Katty Briones
- Paper Fan, Deborah DeNicola
- Librarians, Bijay Kant Dubey
- This Morning From the Porch, Deborah DeNicola
- Gauguin's Red, Deborah DeNicola
- Coffee After Dark, Michael Mira