FOR YOU CANNOT TELL MY PROWL
On my reasoning, you trample;
so will I convince you ethically
that I’m a mast’r for the deals;
if you like you may call me a quack,
but am I a duck that quacks?
For you have fail’d,
fail’d woefully to know
that some learn at different rates than oth’rs.
Delay, delay you’ve caus’d me
while I ought to be on my feet alone;
was it like that in the start
when Heav’n and Earth were made?
They quickly came to be as soon as He summon’d.
But you’ve accus’d me of pride;
what pride is it again,
when I know I can make it
right in any season
to sow and reap for the harvest?
O, you proud devil!
Think not that I have you,
or you have me.
For I now stoop low to conquer you!
Eche Ononukwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FOR YOU CANNOT TELL MY PROWL by Eche Ononukwe )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Ode to My Hands, Tim Seibles
- Ode on My Episiotomy, Kimberly Johnson
- Teaghlach (Family), Ewen Morrison
- love so pure, love so true, kat tommany
- THE MIDDLE GROUND, Satish Verma
- bonds of friendship, kat tommany
- valentine's day, kat tommany
- can i be your valentine's day, kat tommany
- Even If Broken, Lyn Paul
- forever and always yours, kat tommany