FOR YOU CANNOT TELL MY PROWL
On my reasoning, you trample;
so will I convince you ethically
that I’m a mast’r for the deals;
if you like you may call me a quack,
but am I a duck that quacks?
For you have fail’d,
fail’d woefully to know
that some learn at different rates than oth’rs.
Delay, delay you’ve caus’d me
while I ought to be on my feet alone;
was it like that in the start
when Heav’n and Earth were made?
They quickly came to be as soon as He summon’d.
But you’ve accus’d me of pride;
what pride is it again,
when I know I can make it
right in any season
to sow and reap for the harvest?
O, you proud devil!
Think not that I have you,
or you have me.
For I now stoop low to conquer you!
Eche Ononukwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FOR YOU CANNOT TELL MY PROWL by Eche Ononukwe )
- As an alternattive, hasmukh amathalal
- This station has no name, gajanan mishra
- If God Wills Then..., Dr John Celes
- Don't Care, Sara Fielder
- Encounter with a Creature, Kim Barney
- Oh! Drink killed him…, Aftab Alam
- What is business, gajanan mishra
- I Don't Knead Your Love Butt it Would BE.., Mr. Nobody
- Story to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- Why Africa Would Not Bow, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)