FOR YOU CANNOT TELL MY PROWL
On my reasoning, you trample;
so will I convince you ethically
that I’m a mast’r for the deals;
if you like you may call me a quack,
but am I a duck that quacks?
For you have fail’d,
fail’d woefully to know
that some learn at different rates than oth’rs.
Delay, delay you’ve caus’d me
while I ought to be on my feet alone;
was it like that in the start
when Heav’n and Earth were made?
They quickly came to be as soon as He summon’d.
But you’ve accus’d me of pride;
what pride is it again,
when I know I can make it
right in any season
to sow and reap for the harvest?
O, you proud devil!
Think not that I have you,
or you have me.
For I now stoop low to conquer you!
Eche Ononukwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (FOR YOU CANNOT TELL MY PROWL by Eche Ononukwe )
- Curse of the Burning Witch, David McLansky
- Kindly spare us, hasmukh amathalal
- " Change " it's our aspiration!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Women, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Desire, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Love You, Melika Gillard
- Firaq yar ko dagha..., Azhar Sabri
- Save Mother!, tolu ogundare
- சின்னச் சின்ன பையா வா!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Infinite journey., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(1552 - 13 January 1599)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)