Jose Marti Poems
- I Dream Awake (From Ismaelillo... Day and night I always dream...
- I Have A White Rose To Tend (V...
- I Wish To Leave The World I wish to leave the world By its ...
- ¡dolor! ¡dolor! Eterna Vida Mí... ¡Dolor! ¡Dolor! eterna vida ...
- ¡oh, Margarita! Una cita a la sombra de tu oscuro Portal ...
- A Mi Alma Llegada la hora del trabajo ¡Ea, jamelgo! De los...
- Qué Importa Que Tu Puñal...? ...
José Julián Martí Pérez (January 28, 1853 – May 19, 1895) was a Cuban national hero and an important figure in Latin American literature. In his short life he was a poet, an essayist, a journalist, a revolutionary philosopher, a translator, a professor, a publisher, and a political theorist. Through his writings and political activity, he became a symbol for Cuba's bid for independence against ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jose Marti
I Dream Awake (From Ismaelillo)
Day and night
I always dream with open eyes
And on top of the foaming waves
Of the wide turbulent sea,
And on the rolling
And merrily riding on the gentle neck
Of a mighty lion,
Monarch of my heart,
I always see a floating child
Who is calling me!