Michelle Claus Poems
- Alexander The Great (When my son and I studied world history ...
- I Boomerang I am alone even though Earth is billion-peopled
- Haiku - Building A Sand Castle one shovel, one pail one ...
- Haiku - Inspired By My Neighbo...
- Haiku - Katsushika Hokusai, P...
- Tundra across this solitary landscape of cold ...
- The Adventures Of Family Weiss There once was a family ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Alexander The Great
(When my son and I studied world history together, we enjoyed the legend of Alexander the Great. In that spirit, I composed this poem.)
There once was a Macedon lad
Whose mind was a trifling mad.
At twelve years of age,
He fancied it sage
To render Bucephalus glad.
The boy on his horse would aspire
To better his average sire.
King Philip was mild
Compared to his child,
Whose spirit consumed like a fire.
At twenty, the bellicose man
Embarked on a grandiose plan.
With dagger and shield
And soldiers to wield
His empire swelled quite a ...