nadia abduljabbar (25/5/1957 / Makkah)
I am a liberal Muslim woman from Makkah(Mecca) . By liberal, I mean I am free from traditions and customs that wear the mask of religion, but they are far from the essence of Faith in reality.
I was a university lecturer for about 29 years, but took an early retirment to be free to read and write poetry. I published my first collection of English poetry and its translation into Arabic in 2003.
I was the first Saudi female writer in IWP(International Writing Program) in Iowa city in 2005.
I began to read and love poetry since I was a child, and have some attempts to write Arabic poetry when I was a teenager. I began to write English poetry about fifteen ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Adultry is fine, But Marriage is a Crime...
- Alhabib Ali Algifry
- Amman My Unrequited Love
- An Apology: To All My Readers
- An Arabic Woman & The English Countrysid...
- 'Aywa'; Oh Yes: I Like Iowa
- Banking Language and God or Allah
- Before it is Too Late, Find for yourself...
- Black Magic
- Cairo: Hell and Heaven In One Zone