nadia abduljabbar Poems
- Amman My Unrequited Love Why Amman? ? You compel me to ...
- Qur'An Qur’an is the holy book Of Muslims and for Humanity,...
- The Rainbow Phases Of My Jedda... I am fond of; In LOVE Not ...
- Who Am I? ! Who am I? ! A fighter, A survivor, Or a ...
- An Arabic Woman & The English ...
- An Apology: To All My Readers I apologize to all my ...
- Faith Liberates Me Faith is a Force; It liberates me From ...
I am a liberal Muslim woman from Makkah(Mecca) . By liberal, I mean I am free from traditions and customs that wear the mask of religion, but they are far from the essence of Faith in reality.
I was a university lecturer for about 29 years, but took an early retirment to be free to read and write poetry. I published my first collection of English poetry and its translation into Arabic in 2003.
I was the first Saudi female writer in IWP(International Writing Program) in Iowa city in 2005.
I began to read and love poetry since I was a child, and have some attempts to write Arabic poetry when I was a teenager. I began to write English poetry about fifteen ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Amman My Unrequited Love
Why Amman? ?
You compel me to have contradictory
Feelings for you why,
Why my Amman,
Why do I love you
And fear you
In the same time?
Why do I long to see
You and once I reach
Your semi green valleys and mountains,
I feel so confused? !
Why my dear city
You insist to kill my soul?
Is it because the memories
Of my happy and adventurous
Youth is buried in your soil,
Or because my last love
Has become part of your dust?
You were once our meeting point
But you refused to open your arms
For us and we were lost ...