nadia abduljabbar (25/5/1957 / Makkah)
I am a liberal Muslim woman from Makkah(Mecca) . By liberal, I mean I am free from traditions and customs that wear the mask of religion, but they are far from the essence of Faith in reality.
I was a university lecturer for about 29 years, but took an early retirment to be free to read and write poetry. I published my first collection of English poetry and its translation into Arabic in 2003.
I was the first Saudi female writer in IWP(International Writing Program) in Iowa city in 2005.
I began to read and love poetry since I was a child, and have some attempts to write Arabic poetry when I was a teenager. I began to write English poetry about fifteen ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Black hole Verses White hole -new-
- Greed Of Love And Woman's Worldly Day -new-
- Incest -new-
- Egypt -new-
- Creativity or Suicide -new-
- If There Were No West -new-
- Raja’ And Shadia Alem And My Nostalgia F... -new-
- Quicksand -new-
- I Laugh At My Pain -new-
- Yester Night And My Knight -new-
- Driving A Car or Giving My Nationality t... -new-
- Jealousy Is Forbidden In My Law(Another ... -new-
- The So Called First Love and Mighty Mous... -new-
- Hide and Seek(My First Poem In English) -new-
- Adultry is fine, But Marriage is a Crime...
- Alhabib Ali Algifry
- Amman My Unrequited Love
- An Apology: To All My Readers
- An Arabic Woman & The English Countrysid...
- Astounding ‘Alem’; Scholar Osama Alazhar...
- Astounding Osama Alazhary(2) : A Walkin...
- 'Aywa'; Oh Yes: I Like Iowa
- Banking Language and God or Allah
- Before it is Too Late, Find for yourself...
- Bitterness of memories of a Schizophrini...