nadia abduljabbar (25/5/1957 / Makkah)
I am a liberal Muslim woman from Makkah(Mecca) . By liberal, I mean I am free from traditions and customs that wear the mask of religion, but they are far from the essence of Faith in reality.
I was a university lecturer for about 29 years, but took an early retirment to be free to read and write poetry. I published my first collection of English poetry and its translation into Arabic in 2003.
I was the first Saudi female writer in IWP(International Writing Program) in Iowa city in 2005.
I began to read and love poetry since I was a child, and have some attempts to write Arabic poetry when I was a teenager. I began to write English poetry about fifteen ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Kisses of Grattitude on Hands of my Good... -new-
- Ultra Sound -new-
- Zebra -new-
- Xanadu: my Fantastic World and Reality -new-
- Departure -new-
- Daughter in Law -new-
- Water's Hug -new-
- Mother in Law -new-
- The Last Word to a Dead Friend
- To Thomas Hardy
- Taming The Wild Horse
- Dreamy Shadow & Eagle Sparrow
- Golden Love
- Adultry is fine, But Marriage is a Crime...
- Alhabib Ali Algifry
- Amman My Unrequited Love
- An Arabic Woman & The English Countrysid...
- 'Aywa'; Oh Yes: I Like Iowa
- Before it is Too Late, Find for yourself...
- Black Magic
- Cairo: Hell and Heaven In One Zone
- Colours of Cheerfulness
HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
observed annually on May 18
International Museum Day
memory + creativity = social change
Happy Birthday Omar Khayyam!
(1048-1131) Persian mathematician, poet, and philosopher
Happy Birthday Friedrich Rückert!
(1788-1866) German poet, translator, and professor of Oriental languages.