01 - Ditch That Diet
Break out the bottle and pour me a glass,
I don’t give a dad gum if it all goes to my ass
For I am so hungry that I think I shall die,
So buy me a Big Mac with a bag of french fry.
Super size that order and add on a shake,
When I get on the scales, I want them to break.
A big chicken pot pie and a case of red beer,
As a bunch of cal-or-ies is what I hold dear.
Eat like you mean it, you only live once.
This dieting mania is meant for a dunce.
So roll out the kegs and let’s have some more beer,
And prove to ourselves we have nothing to fear.
I was getting so skinny that when I went down the hall,
I stood sideways before the mirror and saw nothing at all.
I was on this kooky diet to make me more healthy,
But all that it’s done is make me less wealthy.
It’s made me so sad, depressed and all,
That I don’t see how I can last until the next Fall.
I’m having a riot on my see food diet; getting fatter each day,
Will never eat any more broccoli, that’s all I can say.
Call me Fatty, Fatty, Bumbullatty, make fun of me if you will,
For I shall keep eating until over the hill.
So rise up all you porkers, get on that gravy train
And make it your wish to be thin never again.
Put some more butter on those mashed potater
Eat it all up now, don’t save any til later.
I’ll just eat and eat til I get my fill
And get my kicks rolling down the hill.
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (01 - Ditch That Diet by George Hunter )
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Stop your Sobbing (haiku), Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Beauty in Nature and Human Creativity, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- bruised squeezed sweet fruit, Is It Poetry
- That awkward curfew حظر التجول الحرج ذلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Abroad, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Thinking About You, Ronald Chapman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)