05 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind
V - The battle enters the realms of death
This was not to be the end of Jesus, the Lord.
The battle was not to be fought by human sword.
Into Satan's territory the fight was to take place
to determine the eternal destiny of the human race.
The greatest battle this world has ever known
was fought by Jesus, as He stood alone.
Heavens hosts looked down with baited breath
as He took the fight into the realms of death.
Into that bottomless Abyss He began His descent.
Deeper into the very depths of death He went
Alone He stood in Satan's dark territory there
as hells creatures began to roar and glare.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (05 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind by Royston Allen )
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
- A Cat Is Always A Cat, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before and After, Aftab Alam
- Like The End Of A Prayer, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Burning Costs of Life, michael walkerjohn
- Elisabeth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before shutting the lid of the coffin….., Ponniah Ganeshan
- Love is …., SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)