05 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind
V - The battle enters the realms of death
This was not to be the end of Jesus, the Lord.
The battle was not to be fought by human sword.
Into Satan's territory the fight was to take place
to determine the eternal destiny of the human race.
The greatest battle this world has ever known
was fought by Jesus, as He stood alone.
Heavens hosts looked down with baited breath
as He took the fight into the realms of death.
Into that bottomless Abyss He began His descent.
Deeper into the very depths of death He went
Alone He stood in Satan's dark territory there
as hells creatures began to roar and glare.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (05 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind by Royston Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Taking to the Hills, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Snowman, Jon M. Nelson
- Flock, lock!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crawl In Your Heart, Nisarg Sukhadeve
- Reliable Data, Edward Kofi Louis
- Silver Roses, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Temptation, Jon M. Nelson
- Hope For The Day, Nisarg Sukhadeve
- How Do They Speak Now? Have You? Dad, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Severity, Edward Kofi Louis