06 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind
VI - The battle against Satan and his army
The grave was now the new battle ground
and all of Satan's minions gathered around.
In death's sepulchre on and on the battle raged
as alone He stood firm and Satan's army engaged.
There His soul was ravaged as Satan fought
hoping to find one sin he clawed as he sought.
Just one sin alone that's all it would take
one little sin only, just one single mistake.
The bulls of Bashan their mouths opened wide
ripped into His soul, wounded hands and side.
Like ravening beasts they gored as they roared
His bones all out of joint like water He poured.
Deeper and deeper into His soul they fought.
Ruthlessly and fervently for any sin they sought.
His strength was all dried up in great weariness.
Tongue sticking to His mouth, onward He pressed.
Three days and nights without respite He fought
with unearthly foes He wrestled and wrought.
Who can tell what awful things that they did
as this gruesome army attacked in their hatred
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (06 Battle for the eternal destiny of Humankind by Royston Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto