Karl Stuart Kline (2/16/50 / Las Vegas, Nevada - When there was only one saloon in town!)
(1.5) Seeking the Healing Power of Sleep
Seeking the healing power of sleep,
I find no respite in my dreams...
Sinking into slumber deep,
It's not so restful as it seems.
Agony's relived time and again,
Magnified by the helplessness
I feel in my dreams and then
I mourn lost love and happiness
I find more relief in time than sleep,
Although I still relive my loss,
I feel the pain less acutely,
Still there, but not as it once was.
Poet Other Poems
- (1.1 - 1.7) Going without Peggy
- (1.1) Epilepsy is a Dirty Word
- (1.1) Peggy
- (1.1) Truly
- (1.2) One in a Thousand
- (1.2) To Be My Wife
- (1.3) Love on the Mountaintop
- (1.3) Peggy on Valentine's Day
- (1.4) Madness Waits for Me
- (1.4) My Sweet Peggy
- (1.5) Going Without Peggy
- (1.5) Seeking the Healing Power of S...
- (1.5) The Dreamer
- (1.5) The Dreamer, Part 2
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.