Friday the 13th,
So much superstition,
It's just bad luck.
I'd watch who you're with,
He's always watching,
Awaiting his 13th victim.
Reporters talking about him,
He gloats in his evil fame,
Knowing they won't find him.
He stalks, like a black cat,
He is hidden in the shadows,
Stalking his victim.
Knife in hand, rope slung over,
What better way, than torture?
Laughing to himself.
No clues left behind,
He takes pride in his work,
To him, it's an art, to us, it's horrible.
Each cut, stab, and slice,
Knowing where and so pricise,
Watching the fear in their eyes.
Such terror, makes him crave more,
Screaming, crying, and then silence,
He can already hear it.
He grins his wicked grin,
A black cat crosses a lady's path,
Watching her reaction, he chooses his victim.
Awaiting the darkness of night,
Where the full moon is the only light,
He quietly stalks his prey.
She walks by an alley,
Another black cat passes her,
She freezes, he takes his chance.
Coming up behind her,
Covering her mouth with his hand,
Dragging her to his car, his 13th victim.
Gagging and bounding her,
He laughs at her fear,
Planning her death in his head.
He takes her home,
Ties her to his bed,
Leaves her there, waiting in fear.
An hour later, he comes back,
With a knife, sharp to the point,
She squirms and screams.
Laughing with pure enjoyment,
Stabs her 13 times,
Blood stains his bed.
Wrapping her up, careful to hide himself,
Throws her in the trunk,
Takes her to the dump site.
Friday the 13th,
At 11: 59: 59pm,
His 13th victim dead,
His laughter haunts the people.
Ocean Myranda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (13 by Ocean Myranda )
- Teenage Love, Sentamu Aziz
- Jaja's Days, Sentamu Aziz
- The cup, Dunya Mikhail
- Stepping on the stars, Jeri Martindale
- Not Without Pain, Margaret Moran
- Intensity Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Oh, Music O`mine Heart, Sir Toby
- I AM WORRIED, Aftab Alam
- Christmas Wish, Sentamu Aziz
- Awake to Work, Sentamu Aziz
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)