Timothy Venard (November 29th 1995 / Lewes)
Shops are open,
But the streets are closed.
The sun is out,
But the children are in.
The world walks circles,
But nothing ever changes.
Spring, summer, winter, Autumn,
A single thought,
To fifty heads,
And nothing unique,
And nothing new.
The world’s greatest thinkers,
Forced not to think.
And the greatest works,
In nameless buildings
Deciding the countries past, future, and present.
Police listen to conversation
Privacy is ignored.
And if they hear something new,
They have a problem, that they will fix
Beware my friends of 2020
And Orwellian hell of fascist design
Money for all
And equality for none
Poet Other Poems
- (A poem of my island) 1- My island...
- (A poem of my island) 2- The man with n...
- (A poem of my island) 3- The crying boy
- (a poem of my island) 4- Places to Go (...
- (a poem of my island) 5- Places to Go (...
- (A poem of my island) 6- the Fisherman'...
- (A poem of my island) 7- how my island ...
- (a poem of my island) 8-how my story en...
- A Broken Heart
- A Hero?
- A poem from the waling woods: 1- the wal...
- CITY OF BLOOD (from the original play b...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.