27th of november 1999
The day when the best present came to me...
when i was three years old...
when she was assleep,
it was her i wanted to hold...
She looked like an angel, who came from the sky...
Another soul, growing inside of me,
a spirit that will never die...
I had my eyes on her,
i never left her from my sight...
when i was in my darkest sorrows,
her laugh was my light...
Her toothless smile made me laugh...
i loved that little smile...
When she first held my hand,
It was an undescribable feeling...
for the love i have for her is like an endless sea...
and it grew more and more when she first hugged me...
We played together, and i used to read her stories...
I read to her about hercules...and all his glories....
I used to sing to her every night,
twinkle twinkle little star...
and she knew it was gona be alright
stars are not that far...
one was falling asleep before my eyes...
i sang to it when it cries...
So i will be forever gratefull to God,
for blessing me with my little baby sister,
for blessing me with little Sarah...
(Dedicated to my little sister called Sarah)
Kuji soliman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (27th of november 1999 by Kuji soliman )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Remember Me, Sammi Jorgensen
- A Mother and Her Teen.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- MY LIFE, Sammi Jorgensen
- When I Was Depressed, Hailey Stump
- Change, Sammi Jorgensen
- Stand up to them, Nicola Kelly
- Growing old sucks, Nicola Kelly
- Say, Hailey Stump
- Raindrops of my tears, Nicola Kelly
- A ventriloquist without a dummy, Nicola Kelly