2nd One In Line
Never had a call to hope im OK.
Never been asked... if I had a nice day.
And never given, a single chance to shine,
as I am always...the 2nd one in your line.
Never held in a special loving way.
Never told I was missed, when I went away.
And never even told, that I may look fine,
as I am always...2nd in that line.
Never wanted more than I got.
Never been struck by a cupid arrow that`s shot.
And never really told...that I want you to be mine,
as it always seems...i`m the 2nd one in line.
Have never known the love I get to see.
Never felt someones, whole want for me.
And I have never yet seen...any other damn sign,
that tells me any different...that I am not always...The 2nd one, in that friggin line.
James Irwin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (2nd One In Line by James Irwin )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Silence, Breanna Choma
- only once will i will once only, Mandolyn ...
- Immense Pain, Michael P. McParland
- my fears, Juwon Daniel
- Destiny, Tom Zart
- Anthem For Black Lives To Matter, carol carter
- Animals Need Us, Naveed Akram
- No will, Angell Afinowi
- ak nayi subha, harshit madaan
- a good day to say goodbye, Juwon Daniel