Lawrence S. Pertillar
It doesn't seem like it...
But I'll be 60 soon!
Of some heartbreak,
And many cheers...
To excite me with many passed moons!
And friends of mine,
Who know I've spent years at '49'
Appear to show they are upset
With those who guess I'm '39'.
Although they wont say
They wish they had a youthful glow,
They grunt from sore joints
Doing their exercises each day!
Getting older for some...
Makes them want to sit down and cry!
Not as long as I can pass,
For a young and 'stunning'...
And I'm so glad no one's around to watch...
How I get 'this' Frankenstein to come alive,
With every limb cracking without a stop!
Especially early in the morning,
When I myself want to run and hide!
But I thank God each day...
Even if I have to hop from side to side!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~60~ by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster
- Never the end, Curtis Brown
- LOVE FOLDS, shannon strauss
- Shattered Heart, Curtis Brown