A Better Place
'Daddy, where's mom? Where did she go?
I need her here today.
I miss her lots, she has to know,
That everything's okay.'
'Mommy's always here my dear,
She lives inside us all,
She didn't want to leave us here,
It wasn't Mommy's call.'
'My dear, cheer up, you needn't cry,
Mommy longs for your embrace,
It's hard, I know, you have to try,
Mom's in a better place.'
'I wish Mommy knew how much,
I want to see her face,
Or how I miss her touch,
When she's in a better place.'
'I know, she knows, how we long,
God's needs must have been great,
Your mom's spirit, indeed was strong,
And so this was her fate.'
'Your mommy is an angel dear,
She knows of God's embrace,
So before you shed another tear,
Mom is in a better place.'
Steven Rodgers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Better Place by Steven Rodgers )
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi
- Into The Pocket, Edward Kofi Louis
- Umhayele Izinkondlo ezimnandi, senzokhaya umhayi
- A Visionary, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ezandleni zengelosi, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ungibonisile, senzokhaya umhayi
- I had a Dream..., Suzette Richards
- The new Don Quixotes in our time, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis