A Birthday Celebration
A joy rings out, throughout,
family, neighbourhood and clan,
'she is here', born, now,
joy is ours.
No matter sometimes that lifes'
uphill climb like, hardrock scree
and seeming slide. No matter,
the peak that love shows is
there. No matter.
That thread of love,
upon the spindle weaves
a spool of cloth, a garment warm,
knowing that spool and spindle
bring a tapestry of delighted song,
a heart, shaping love, and
being shaped, the garment warms,
with color and delight.
and joy rings out, of happy heart
upon this birthday song.
She is here and happy we,
that she is born,
and happy birthday.
Bernard Kennedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Birthday Celebration by Bernard Kennedy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- SHARING GOD'S GIFTS, Tom Zart
- So Hard, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- I wish to tell you, gajanan mishra
- LOVE....................., BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- My Mind Paints, Kyle Schlicher
- The Black Cat With The Burning Eyes Jump.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Chatia Baba, The Lord of The Woods!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Held You In My Arms, Kyle Schlicher
- i'm tired..., Cherryl Ann Ilustre
- Poetess, Angela Khristin Brown