Ace Of Black Hearts
A Bit Shy
I feel like a exhibitionist.
The man running around with no cloths, while everyone is covered up.
My face should be red, I should blush.
But that emotion has been lost.
Somewhere along the way I forgot how to be embarrassed.
Such a rush in making yourself look like the fool.
A pawn, a tool, used in ways so cruel.
Handed dish, and told to eat your gruel.
And I can smile upon the request.
So unnaturally happy.
A unending blissfulness.
I wish I could share this.
A constant high.
But not of any medication, or plant orientation.
It is all in my head.
It is just the way I am.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bit Shy by Ace Of Black Hearts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson