A Bitter Menu In Tasty Life!
[This is the forest primeval.The murmuring pines and the hemlocks,
Bearded with moss, and in garments green, indistinct in the twilight,
stand like Druids of eld.]-Betty Smith, A tree grows in Brooklyn........The American classic about a young girl's coming of age at the turn of the century.
and mouth watering dishes.
Along the cobbled streets
Call girls whistle folk songs.
Shoeshine barefooted orphan boy
who polishes your shoes,
If you have a thorough look
There reflects your beautiful face?
And after the strenuous work
When Sun goes down
The boy too heads for a restaurant
with a candy for his little sister
who's a dishwasher there
from morning till evening.
And they dream together
in a street corner.
A stray dog their pet
under the Moonlit night
guards them from thieves?
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bitter Menu In Tasty Life! by nimal dunuhinga )
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- When will I grow up?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Good Poem, Tony Adah
- A Day in heaven., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who are You, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)