James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
A BLUE MOON... Nov 23rd,2012
How much time have I left between now and the time that I die?
How and when will I know for sure and when can I say goodbye?
If I could arrange the date and time of my death; that would be cool,
Unfortunately I can't, and they wont say why and treat me like a fool.
Because death-with-dignity is banned in this great land,
And our distant Ottawa aristocrats think this is grand,
They have it in Switzerland and Oregon and other places,
But they tell us; we can't have it, right to our faces.
And our politicians will not discuss it because they will never die,
Is this what they think or is this what they've been told; and why?
Someone somewhere should have an answer for this problem soon,
Why do we have to wait forever like waiting for a blue moon?
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.