A Boxing Day - An Observation
The sun is out and Christmas is here
no snow but the trees are bare.
There was a frost this morning
and steam rising from wooden fences
as the sun came out to play.
The sky was blue no clouds in sight it
could have been a summers day
in the depth of December.
No cold breeze or harsh winds
had greeted the day.
The sun is now setting with a bright crimson glow,
is it predicting a nice day tomorrow,
for that we will just have to wait
until the morning sunrise greets the new day.
26 December 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Boxing Day - An Observation by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas
- Another Day, Another Dawn, Jenn Toner
- Courage, Jenn Toner
- A Symbol Of Hope, Jenn Toner
- To Those Who Grieve, Jenn Toner
- I Am Always With You, Jenn Toner
- I Am Not There, Jenn Toner
- An Angel For A Friend, Jenn Toner
- Hobble About Lame, Richard Thripp