A Burning picture
Saw a picture burning red.
Standing back, sensed trouble ahead.
Flames shooting up to skies.
Would have ran who was wise.
Scarlet shade filling my eyes.
I could hear a damsel's cries.
Her long hair when caught fire.
Then my lust stirred in desire.
So real as if I'm part of the scene.
Gallery disappeared, over the beauty I leaned.
Took a last glimpse of mine.
Her closing eyes, an absolute sign.
My heart got pierced by a knife.
Her vanishing soul sucked my life.
Scene flashed back. and the damsel had gone.
Leaving me burning, here with picture alone.
Ayesha Tulkubra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Burning picture by Ayesha Tulkubra )
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
- Feral Mother, Robert Rorabeck
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 43: When most I wink, then do min.., William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)