Let me admire the moon tonight.
For if I were not blessed with sight,
It had not been beuteous in the night.
By the lake I sit, amused by the glimmer.
Thanking sun for giving the moon its shimmer.
Dived in water, the reflection of this wonder.
calm and quiet like an innocent child.
It sleeps alone in the blanket of night.
Cold breeze when blows through the long grass.
I suspect some question is asked.
Why day is noisy but night so serene?
I miss the moon all day. Where had it been?
By the lake I hear them talk.
I wish among stars this moment would lock.
How fast is it ticking? This ruthless clock.
The sun will be up in no time.
If I were to empty my pockets of each dime.
Still my moon will fail to shine.
Its bidding me goodbye with a promise of meeting tomorrow.
What if God decided to end this charm.
The life might ring an ending alarm.
So stay a bit longer. Why are you in a hurry.
My grave might be calling.
You never know when it's time to be buried.
Ayesha Tulkubra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The moon by Ayesha Tulkubra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- dancing politics, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Always Open, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Right choice, hasmukh amathalal
- Marriage and morals., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- For her age, hasmukh amathalal
- Old Hopes and New Shoes, Charles Hancock
- Pressure Of Racism, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Activities of life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wanderer at the hills of freedom, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Expressing Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak