Let me admire the moon tonight.
For if I were not blessed with sight,
It had not been beuteous in the night.
By the lake I sit, amused by the glimmer.
Thanking sun for giving the moon its shimmer.
Dived in water, the reflection of this wonder.
calm and quiet like an innocent child.
It sleeps alone in the blanket of night.
Cold breeze when blows through the long grass.
I suspect some question is asked.
Why day is noisy but night so serene?
I miss the moon all day. Where had it been?
By the lake I hear them talk.
I wish among stars this moment would lock.
How fast is it ticking? This ruthless clock.
The sun will be up in no time.
If I were to empty my pockets of each dime.
Still my moon will fail to shine.
Its bidding me goodbye with a promise of meeting tomorrow.
What if God decided to end this charm.
The life might ring an ending alarm.
So stay a bit longer. Why are you in a hurry.
My grave might be calling.
You never know when it's time to be buried.
Ayesha Tulkubra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The moon by Ayesha Tulkubra )
- Grammar School, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ephratha, Nathalie Handal
- First Sight., Bieze Josephat
- Gaza City, Nathalie Handal
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)