A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
An election is a very expensive five-year affair,
But Canadians don’t have to vote so few of us go there,
No proportional representation so not sure if it’s fair,
And If we’re not sure, we have to hide our utter despair.
And we can’t elect our prime minister by his/her name,
This is a very intrigued and involved political party game,
And if for some reason, we elect the wrong politician,
He/she can’t be recalled from his/her crooked ambition.
Not one will reply to a question about death with dignity,
The whole subject is treated with complete hostility,
And without binding referendums we have little influence,
So an election could be an insignificant incidence.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Pools Of Deathness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- HIdden Clock, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'Poem Time', Wolfie Scott
- It is what it is, The Princess
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Dreams, Tony Adah
- Godlike, Lawrence Beck
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI