A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
We need control of our Ottawa politicians somehow,
Maybe a tea party or something that we ourselves allow,
We need binding referendums soon but how do we get them?
Trudeau’s Charter didn’t help and the media will condemn.
We need political recall of useless politicians,
I realize that this is contrary to elitist traditions,
We need compulsory voting to get us all out to vote,
They will delay everything and say that they’ll take a note.
And make Trudeau’s Charter of Rights for Canadians alone,
Not for all refugees in the world from every combat zone,
We need set-date elections for sure every four or five years,
Not when they feel inclined because of political party fears.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A CANADIAN TEA PARTY by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'Loving', Quenten McClellan
- And Yet, I Love You Still, Leria Hawkins
- War is going on, gajanan mishra
- I Live Like a Dog, LUVinThe NOW
- Morning and morning, gajanan mishra
- You Will Wake Up In The Garden, Ismim Putera
- Prime Truth - 18, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 17, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Fear and Fright, Ismim Putera
- A Thousand Faces, Cheyenne Doss