A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
We need control of our Ottawa politicians somehow,
Maybe a tea party or something that we ourselves allow,
We need binding referendums soon but how do we get them?
Trudeau’s Charter didn’t help and the media will condemn.
We need political recall of useless politicians,
I realize that this is contrary to elitist traditions,
We need compulsory voting to get us all out to vote,
They will delay everything and say that they’ll take a note.
And make Trudeau’s Charter of Rights for Canadians alone,
Not for all refugees in the world from every combat zone,
We need set-date elections for sure every four or five years,
Not when they feel inclined because of political party fears.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A CANADIAN TEA PARTY by James Bredin )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore