A CANDLE FOR YOU DAD
>A CANDLE FOR YOU DAD
Tonight, when as I was cooking
thoughts of Dad touched my head;
I asked, 'what's today' wondering
while flashback appeared ahead.
I felt uneasy when I sat upon the window
as bursts of wind gossiped with the night
while deep inside, emptiness shadowed
with every memories of my Dad's light.
' It's January 12, ' my sweet one replied
then I realized, it was my Dad's Birth day;
Searched me a candle, I fervently cried
that I can light for him on this special day.
I took the candle and the hat He gave to me
before I went outside near the mango tree;
I lit the candle and its light glowed so bright
As I prayed to God to bless him tonight..
But in the morning, what a great surprise
I see no trace of the candle I lighted twice;
I asked my wife if she took it somehow
but said ' Nope' and this gave me great owe
for I knew Dad took it to light his meadow.
In memory of my my loving Dad on his b-day.
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A CANDLE FOR YOU DAD by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just A Boy, Edgar Albert Guest
- When We Play The Fool, Edgar Albert Guest
- Winter Again, Frank Avon
- A Fragment, Radclyffe Hall
- Comparisons, Radclyffe Hall
- The Lost Word, Radclyffe Hall
- The Final Morbidity of the Interior Embe.., Henry Splawn Taylor
- Líneas Inolvidables de Mamá, nikka mee farillon
- No Chance Of Escape, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On The Potomac River U.S.A., Radclyffe Hall