Joseph T. Renaldi
A Child Should Have A Pet
Every little child should have a pet -
And be responsible for its care and to love,
A dog, a bunny, a parakeet, a pony, a turtle,
Or any other pet not mentioned above.
Sometimes a child views a parent as indifferent
And being overwhelmed each busy day
With their own job and domestic problems -
Having a minimal amount of time for play.
A child is sensitive and curious
And often is anxious to know
that something in the environment
Needs extensive care to live and grow.
So implant in the mind of each child
A determined and a burning wish
For something to love and care for,
Even if it means an aquarium of tropical fish.
Whatever gift you contemplate giving to a child,
Oh parents! Please don't foolishly forget
To make a child's life full and complete -
Encourage a child to own their favorite pet.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child Should Have A Pet by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fight and War for Why?, Pintu Mahakul
- Life, Richard Lam
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave
- DIVINE FAITH & COMPASSION, Tom Zart
- THEY NAMED ME A NAUGHTY BOY كانوا ينادون.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy