A Christmas Together
We need not snow,
Or electrical glow.
It's not a matter of weather,
Because we're together.
We need not a 'magic',
Love's not in a gadget.
There's only one matter:
It's that we're together.
Need we the songs,
Or the movies that come on?
We've the best of what's better,
When we're together.
There's a look on our faces
That surely displaces
All the boxes and cases,
and the ribbon and laces.
It's the beauty of Together.
There's something about our time
That bears the fruit of the vine,
Making a sweeter wine.
The fingerprints of the Divine,
On the truth of Together.
When we've all gathered round,
And harken to the sound,
Of God's presence all around,
The perfect setting being found...
Beggar Boy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Christmas Together by Beggar Boy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Men, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads