Linda Marie Van Tassell
A Cloud Is Free and So Flies Away
A cloud is free and so flies away
as a white sail upon the ocean,
bright with the light of a sunny ray
with its gossamer wings in motion.
It is like a kiss blown to the wind
between two lovers that must depart
or the quiet presence of a friend
whose smile brings happiness to your heart.
It is like a veil that drifts afloat
the sky-swirled face of a blushing bride
whose kisses rain from her azure throat
to Smith Mountain Lake and ocean tide.
It glides along a wingspan of light
like the pen of a dreaming poet
whose shower of smiles imbibes delight
when the world cries but does not know it.
A metamorphosing sight unfurled -
a sea-washed spirit when wild winds blow -
it transmigrates the top of the world –
a freelance flyer with miles to go.
A dove on the shoulder of the sky,
she folds the world beneath peaceful wing
as church bells echo and street lamps sigh
invoking a song of gathering.
I smile to myself at thought and scene.
Afternoon tea is a sweet bouquet.
As I wait for spring and shades of green,
a cloud is free and so flies away.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cloud Is Free and So Flies Away by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Writing For A Living Echoing Life Drama, Terence G. Craddock
- Tomorrow's Wager, Ritika Abigail
- All I Want..., Ritika Abigail
- *Where is Death? *, C. P. Sharma
- Oh! Palestine, Aminath Neena
- Questions Of The Dark..., Ritika Abigail
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp
- From Eed - aRe yOU. rEaLy. still DrOniNg.., sEaN nOrTh
- A Matter Of Words, Of Muses And Other Ghosts