Joseph T. Renaldi
A Compassionate Heart
I have eyes that I can see
The work that can be done by me.
I have ears that enable me to hear
The voices of those who live in fear.
I have lips that I might speak
Words of encouragement to all who seek.
I have an alert mind that I might know
When to help the needy that need me so.
I have hands that I am able to do
Some meager, but worthy task for you.
I have the empathy and sincerity to pray
For the impoverished people everyday.
I have this one thing, all else above,
A compassionate heart that I may love.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Compassionate Heart by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Overflowing (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence
- Introverter, B.. Alexander
- Can You Blame Me!, Lora Colon
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE لغة خاصة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ikaw lang, Jesus James Llorico
- SEASONS' PRETTY CLOTHES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Daily Grind, Charles Hice
- Winter (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence
- The Real Robber, Monojit Chatterjee
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94