A Crawfish Stir (Split Sestet)
The black stripy crayfish,
makes my favorite dish:
Which sautéed with radish,
with peppers as garnish,
is quite nice!
Mix in chives and parsley
With thyme and celery,
Salt for taste,
Some nutmeg, but sparsely,
And a little curry
To make chased!
Crawfish – a pound to pan
Simmer as in the plan
-you'll be fed-
Keep stirring till it’s tan.
Then gathering each man.
Serve with bread.
Copyright © 2010 Leslie Alexis
Leslie Alexis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Crawfish Stir (Split Sestet) by Leslie Alexis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher