M.D Dinesh Nair
A CRUCIFIXION, A RESURRECTION AND WHAT NEXT?
The stars whispered into the ears of one another
The tale of the treachery of Judas
Laughed at his 30 silver coins
And then observed the graveyard opening!
The Great Resurrection!
The disbelief of Joseph of Arimathea and several women,
The violent earthquake
And then the words of the angel,
”He is risen just as he said”
And the rumours of the Chief priests bribing
The soldiers who brought the news
The 12 appearances near the tomb, on the road to Emmaus,
And then at the sea of Galilee
The talking and eating together,
Allowing Himself to be touched and
Someone laughing at the Doubting Thomas
We read and hear again and again
Promises un-kept unnerving a throng much down
Even as the Father and the Son perhaps playing Golf
In the infinite spaces afar celebrating the reunion
A race marches on unto the verge of doom
With no coffins further opening
With many corpses turning out to be fossils
The worldwide crucifixions are still on
One thousand Golgothas are raised,
A million crosses are readied and
Three million nails are driven through flesh and bones ordinary
The Pilates are washing their hands
In purified water....
Everything counts here!
The world is becoming darker despite
A wilder sun and the neon bulbs!
The sky is getting farther and farther
Beyond which the Son and the Father
Are perhaps living a life of THEIR OWN!
Great Commission to the disciples
Cannot yet be sent again
And the engrossing tales of that healing touch
Cannot alone be told with the bleeding crowd swelling!
From those vast grounds hey Lord,
Where You play the space time golf
Come down oh dear Father, come down
And please, bend down to our graveyards smelling blood
To lift us all and make Your home full
We need a resurrection!
Remember for once,
'Thy kingdom hath not come'.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A CRUCIFIXION, A RESURRECTION AND WHAT NEXT? by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
- Michael P. McParland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Out Of The Dark, Michael P. McParland
- The war inside me, Lubinda Lubinda
- Our Night 2, Michael P. McParland
- Our Night, Michael P. McParland
- OSU Force, Michael P. McParland
- Imagine, The Astronomer
- Only You, Michael P. McParland
- Only One Forever, Michael P. McParland
- One More Chance, Michael P. McParland
- One In A Million, Michael P. McParland