M.D Dinesh Nair
A DAY YOU WILL HEAR MY SONG
I oftener feel than before
Broken cradle songs are murmuring
Their sweet words there inside my mind
Somewhere I had forgotten them long ago.
I am surer than than one might assume that
What the world calls aging
They have been there as mine
For many decades of my transition
I long to cry for a while
Inside my soul there are my sobs metamorphic
Turning into a song of love and longings
But none can hear them!
I am almost down and worn out
As I'm with no grace of oblivion sweet
And my pangs nestle there inside my mind
May be that you say I have never wanted to lose them!
But I am surer than many years before that
With them I used to live and so do I now
Because I know not how to dare to live
A life that might still be better!
When you ask for a bouquet large and shapely
Do I give odd flowers of love without much fragrance?
Do those around me value them as such?
But in my deserts inside they are like an oasis.
A new song is surging from my soul
And it reverberates into the chambers of my dear ones.
A day they will hear its rhymes I am sure.
I often hear things can`t be that bad.
Broken cradle songs have ever been murmuring
Some sweet words perchance there inside your minds too
And there haven`t you all nay a few of you
Forgotten them once like me long before?
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A DAY YOU WILL HEAR MY SONG by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- I'm Not Scared, Michael P. McParland
- I'm Not Fake, Michael P. McParland
- ANDHERA KITANA BHEE HO PHIR BHEE MUSKARA.., AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- I'm Me, Michael P. McParland
- I'm Lost, Michael P. McParland
- I'm Listening, Michael P. McParland
- ILYF Our Shared Symbol, Michael P. McParland
- I'll Prove To You Everyday, Michael P. McParland
- bhrashtachar par prahar, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Go from me love, Nero CaroZiv