A Cure To Colour
Just because I'm calm
that doesn't mean I'm dull.
My intensity should imply that I have depth, and just because I'm not shallow it shouldn't say to you that I'm hollow.
Are We Irregular but Curable
But Is There A Cure To Colour
Depends on how you view it you could use darkness or intense light to cure the colour!
A hint of complexity, if you like art there are hundreds of shades.
I'm dark, I'm soft on the inside, I've been forced to harden on the out. colour in my eyes, music in my soul.
I smile at you because you fill me with Joy
I wrote it in a conversation I was having with you in my mind
Make me feel better about sometimes feeling I'm not good enough and all my insecurities
My love for art has taught me more about your complexities -such as how to become accustomed to bursts of the lightest tints hidden beneath your darkest shades that creep into our conversations when I least expect it. The colour in my eyes is ignited by the music in your soul. Music so loud which should silence this clamorous scrutiny of yourself. Can my love for you eradicate your perceived inadequacies?
Zolani Nkomo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Cure To Colour by Zolani Nkomo )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- The Bridge of New York's Beauty..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock
- Christmas Tree, Mr. Spock
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Christmas Star, Mr. Spock
- From Drunk Pete Diary, Adeosun Olamide
- folding my hands, Mandolyn ...
- we never try to smile, Prophmatt . . .