A Day in Her Shadowy Life for the New Pope
A Tanka Prose for the New Pope
Earlier this morning, hundreds of thousands flooded St. Peter's Square, forming crescent-moon crowds around giant video screens. Basking in an emotional send-off at his final general audience, the pope stressed, 'Loving the church also means having the courage to take difficult and anguished choices, ...'
With an emotionless look on her pale face, Mary stared at the TV screen in her rented attic room. As a white cloud of doves ascends into the sky and circles the square, cries of "Viva il Papa! " burst from the crowds.
'did you weep
when I was abused? '
with trembling hands...
wooden Jesus on the wall
1 "Viva il Papa! " means 'Long live the Pope! '
2 According to the New Testament, Jesus cried three times, and 'Jesus wept' is the shortest verse. It is found in John's narrative of the death of Lazarus, a follower of Jesus.
Chenou Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day in Her Shadowy Life for the New Pope by Chenou Liu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- La forme a conséquence, douglas scotney
- How Suicide Works 2, C Jay Caputo
- Eid Mubarak, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- My Feet, Randy McClave
- We Are Scottish, Randy McClave
- AS SOON AS...., Robin Kirsch
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield