Nestor David Armas
A Day to Pause...
Today was the day
I looked about and saw the sky;
The world, everything around me
In a whole new way.
It started just the same
As every other 24 hours
Another X on the calendar,
Just more time ticking gone and came.
But like day to night
I met you
So sudden and unexpected
It all went from black to white.
My stars had aligned
My toast stopped falling
Butter side down
An explanation I could not find.
How could I explain this
To any a passer-by?
How my heart beat so;
This was to me God's kiss.
I looked into your guise
I listened to your voice
I felt the very depths of your soul
I smelled and tasted salty tears from my eyes.
Time finally stopped its tick tock
I was no longer confined
To the march of life's parade
I finally found someone with whom to walk.
Who knew living was
I can exhale now; next to you
Life gave me a day to pause…
Nestor David Armas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day to Pause... by Nestor David Armas )
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma