A Dilemma Resolved (A Sonnet)
If you should abandon me, my love
A lonely track I shall plough
And under the sweltering sun warm
Shall soothe my heart calm.
If you let go my hands
I shall learn to chant
That love is not all delight
But like an avalanche might alight!
Grieving in your thoughts I shall be happy
For I shall still be in your company,
Until time comes and lulls me asleep
Stealing away the precious burden that I keep.
So, my love, if you should desert me in isolation
My happiness and sorrows I shall retain as my rich possessions!
Rajesh Thankappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Dilemma Resolved (A Sonnet) by Rajesh Thankappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena
- Honesty, Tony Adah
- Child Of The Rainforest, Denis Martindale
- Cooling Off Time..., Denis Martindale